Saturday, 19 July 2008

Day 44



Due to a miscommunication with my aunt, I had to change the day on my train tickets. In order to do this, the website insisted that I had to first pick up the original tickets from the train station. Then the only option for delivery they gave me was next-day post, at £5 per ticket. So I called them and was told that I should book a new ticket, call them back with the reference number, and they would issue a refund. This would allow me to pick up my tickets at the station rather than paying for delivery by post.

All of this was Monday night. Saturday afternoon I got an email from them, saying that my original tickets had apparently been picked up at the station, so I would need to post the tickets back before they could give me a refund. Of course, I had already thrown them away!

Fortunately, my wonderful husband managed to dredge them up again, rather worse for wear.

No comments: